Malaysia Online News | Football Predictions | Unique News

Wednesday, May 23, 2018


Celine Dion Shows Wit, Promises Hits Ahead Of Her Asian Concert Tour

Celine Dion Shows Wit, Promises Hits Ahead Of Her Asian Concert Tour - The video for Celine Dion’s latest song Ashes, off the Deadpool 2 motion picture soundtrack, shows the legendary pop diva has quite the sense of humour.

In the four-minute video, Deadpool performs a hilarious interpretive dance around Dion, wearing his full body tactical suit and high heels as she belts out the power ballad. That same sense of humour is apparent during a phone interview with the media, ahead of her first concerts in Singapore on July 3 and 4.

When asked how the 50-year-old keeps things fresh when she is almost 40 years into her career, with multiple Grammys and more than 250 million albums sold, Dion jokes: “Fresh? I brush my teeth every morning, I take a shower, I do my vocal exercise and then I do my show, I go back home and take another shower.”

Her answer may allude to the mundanity of her routine – Dion has spent the majority of the last 15 years performing regularly at two residencies at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, Nevada.


She heads to Asia not long after her second residency ends on June 9 after a seven-year run. The month-long tour kicks off in Tokyo on June 26 before heading to Macau, Jakarta, Taipei, Manila and Bangkok. (Dion, who performed in Kuala Lumpur in 2008, won’t bring her tour to Malaysia.)

Dion insists that going on tour was not because Las Vegas was getting claustrophobic. “The last two summers we travelled to Europe, and we said this year we’re going to change it a little bit, and we’re going to go to places that we’ve not been before,” she says. “I want to meet some fans I’ve never met before.”


Die-hard fans will be pleased to know that the queen of power ballads has no qualms dipping into her greatest hits. “There are some (songs) from my repertoire that are pretty much – I don’t want to sound pretentious – but things that I cannot go on tour and go on stage and not sing them,” she says.

“I cannot do this show and not sing The Power Of Love, My Heart Will Go On and Because You Love Me … I hope I do the song that you want me to sing. If you want to send me a list of the songs you want me to sing, I will sing them,” she quips.

Other than her contribution to the Deadpool 2 soundtrack, there will soon be more new music from her. Her latest studio album may have been 2016 French pop record Encore Un Soir (One More Night), but she reveals that she is recording a new English album.

“I don’t know if it’s going to be ready for me to sing for you,” she says. “If it’s ready, I’m going to sing a few and, if not, I’m going to go back to Singapore and sing you my new album, I promise.”


Categories:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About

QQ Malaysia Online is a simple website that consists of updated news within Malaysia and international, lifestyle, Sports, Soccer Highlights and the most fun part is the funny videos. Watch now and read the stories about every blog. Get some ideas and facts with this website. Happy reading everyone and enjoy your stay.